In medical science, anticoagulants play a significant role. Specific patients require anticoagulants to eliminate blood clots, as blood clots increase the chances of cardiac attacks and cancer. Such situations call for the Apixaban manufacturers.
Apixaban is an anticoagulant medicine. It allows a smooth flow of blood through the blood vessels. Doctors prescribe it to patients with atrial fibrillation, hip or knee replacement, or people with stroke risks.
The doctor decides how many tablets to prescribe based on the medical condition, age, weight and kidney function. They consider whether you are taking any other medications. Be sure to tell the pharmacist about all drugs (prescription and non-prescription) that you are taking when picking up this medication from a pharmacy.
According to published research, Apixaban may have a lower risk of gastrointestinal bleeding.
What Are The Upsides Of Using Apixaban?
- It lowers the risk of stroke and blood clot formation in people with nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation (AF).
- Also used to prevent blood clots lying far down, called deep vein thrombosis (DVT) after hip or knee replacement surgery.
- Additionally, Apixaban manufacturers suggest using it to lower the risk of recurrent DVT and PE. DVT and pulmonary embolism (PE) are conditions where blood clots lodge in the lungs.
- The use of apixaban doesn’t need the usual blood tests.
- Within four hours, crush one tablet containing 2.5 or 5 milligrams and dissolve it in water, apple juice, 5% dextrose in water, or apple sauce. It is a format prescribed for patients who cannot take whole tablets at once. Pharma contract manufacturers in India like Pinnacle indicate the dosage quantity for ease of use.
- It is less likely to interact with other medications or foods.
However, there are challenges associated with balancing the risks of thrombosis and haemorrhage posed by drug discontinuation or reversal and acute GI bleeding in anticoagulant patients.
According to a recent national survey conducted in Italy, gastroenterologists who treat such patients have widely varying attitudes and a general lack of knowledge regarding the subject. It could be because there aren’t many studies on acute GI bleeding in anticoagulated patients or randomised controlled trials comparing different approaches to management.
A multinational cohort study has shown that Apixaban is associated with lower rates of gastrointestinal bleeding.
Direct Oral Anticoagulants (DOACs) appear to share similar risks for intracranial haemorrhage and ischemic stroke/systemic embolism. The findings included patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) over 80.
In an observational study of 527,226 new DOAC users in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States, Apixaban showed a significant performance. It lowered the risks of coagulation concerning gastrointestinal bleeding.
With a sudden surge in the studies with the proof of Apixaban being a drug that lowers the rate of gastrointestinal bleeding, pharma contract manufacturers in India are seeing a business boom.
If the studies contain more backing information, they might bring positive results. Clinics are always on the lookout for a trustworthy Apixaban manufacturer. Pinnacle is a pharmaceutical company that inputs innovation and experience for a healthy future. We are one of the top oncology pharma companies in India to manufacture Apixaban.